Friday, February 2, 2007

Paul and Preschool

D. had been wanting a sleeping bag for a while. So a week ago I surprised her by telling her that we were going to Walmart to buy a sleeping bag (so that she could spend that night out in the living room with I. and friend for I.'s b-day fun). D. immediately gasped and smiled, and in an animated way asked, "Can I have a red one with Paul McCartney on it?!" I don't think I've ever seen that kind before, and I told her just that.


Yesterday, I did my own preschool with D.. She seemed to enjoy it. We had some much needed time together, and I was able to find out that she knows more than what I was aware of. What a relief. This taught me that whether or not she continues preschool in the Green Room, I need to be more personally involved with her life. Let's cross our fingers that Sunbeams will get better for her (that's the class she's in at church).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome about the paul mccartney sleeping bag thing. i wonder if my kids are going to ask for ghostface killah ones.