Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to You, Martin Luther King, Jr.!

Yesterday I told D. and I. that they were not going to school today because it was a holiday. I. said, "Can we make him a birthday cake?" And I said, "For who?" and she said, "for Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday!" I'm happy she's learning something at Kindergarten. I asked her some more questions about him, and then I asked her, "Who did he help?" and I thought she was going to say, "African Americans." But instead she said, "He helped white people to be nice to black people." I was very surprised but thought that that was a profound point of view. He really did help everybody who would let him.

1 comment:

angiehd said...

Isn't it amazing what they can learn at school, etc? The other day Braden actually used the word "considerably" in conversation!